Monday, September 12, 2011

Poetic Blackout

              Woke up in a hospital bed. Nurse says I passed out the night before. So weak I cant barely walk, but somehow made it to the window-and it is mayhem down there!.......I guess this is what 'public exposure' means.....a line-up of spectators trying to get great details on the latest gossip...looking up with righteous indignation and disgust drawn on their faces.
            But, what have I done thats so shameful that I have to be condemned for it?. Quite frankly, I have no idea why am I even in this place. Last thing I remembered was a huge audience bouncing back and forth, dancing like crazy, focusing solely on their love for music. It was an awesome feeling of hyped-up energy, heavily influenced by a mixture of heavy roffs and beats...with a lil' something else.......
          .......Oh......now everything starts to make sense. Or at least I have a theory for what happened. A fragile memory, however, now that Im focused and sober, I start to feel an awful 'after taste'..there was 'something more'.....I guess these are the 'unseen dangers' of being in the mainstream.
                Getting noticed worldwide, earning much praise from thousands of loyal followers; promoting myself as the 'prototypical role model'-but the reality its much more dramatic. It goes far from 'selling out', the truth is that, being passionate and intense about your dreams its a good thing. Just make sure that you dont change 'The Formula' along thw way. That could lead up to severe fame-related injuries, and being pretty much missing in action, 'cuz theres always someone after you, ready to be your replacement anytime. As always, genius is catching, and in a world full of wannabes its a huge dilemma being unique...and get away with it.............

                                                                                          ~ alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment